[BACK TO COURSE]
Personal Home Page
by Randall S. Davis
"The Internet is transitory, ever changing, reshaping
and remolding itself."
- Beginners' Central
You should understand the purpose of a personal home page and what kinds of information can be included on one.
|What is a personal home page?
A personal home page is about you. It tells the reader who you are, what you like to do, and even your philosophies on life. It is your personal introduction to the world.
|What can I include on my page?
Here is a general list of the things people sometimes include on their pages:
As a general rule, it is wise not to include information including birthdates, addresses, home phone numbers, and ID numbers. As much as possible, you also want to make sure your page is free of spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors. Take a look at the sample student home page and identify mistakes that need to be corrected.
- family background
- school or work experience
- hobbies and interests
- future goals
- links to favorite web sites
- pictures of family
Here are some sample sentences you could add to your introduction:
- I'm from _________.
- I was born in _________.
- I grew up in ___________.
- My parents are from ________.
- There are four people in my family: my father and mother, one older brother, and I.
- I have three brothers and four sisters.
- My hobbies include ______, _______, and ________.
- I enjoy reading, watching TV, and skiing in my free time.
- I want to major in _________.
- I'm interested in studying ________.
1998 - 2005 by Randall S. Davis, All rights reserved.