Author/editor. (year). Title [Type of medium]. Company (optional). Retrieved month day, year, from the World Wide Web: http://domainname.com/path/filename.
Reference Section Example:
- Jones, G. P. (2001). Holidays on the net. Retrieved October 21, 2001, from the World Wide Web: http://domainname.com/path/filename.
Next, you have to indicate which part of the online resource you used. With a traditional book, you would cite the page number, but webpages generally do not have page numbers. Instead, use the paragraph number, preceded by the paragraph symbol ¶ (create by using this code, ¶ or ¶ ) or the abbreviation for paragraph, para.
In Text Example:
- According to Jones (2001, para. 3), Christmas is an important celebration. (paraphrase)
- Jones (2000, ¶ 3), in the article "Holidays on the Net," says that . . . (paraphrase)
- On the Website, Holidays Around the World, Jones (2001, ¶) states the following: " . . . " (quotation)
- In his article, "Baseball Mania", Suzuki (2001, para. 4) explains the importance of baseball in Japan: " . . . " (quotation)
- Suzuki, Keiko (firstname.lastname@example.org). (2001, Nov. 2). Traditional foods during the holidays. E-mail to Tom Jones (email@example.com).
In Text Example:
Original Email Message: "Japan has several national sports, but for the Japanese, baseball is a time of celebration for family, friends, and students."
- Suzuki (2001), a Japanese student in Tokyo, comments that baseball is popular among all age groups in Japan. (paraphrase)
- Suzuki (2001), the webmaster for the site Japanese Baseball, remarks that "for the Japanese, baseball is a time of celebration for family, friends, and students." (quotation)
- fred. (2001, September 20). How to make sushi. Eating Sushji [Online]. Available Email: firstname.lastname@example.org [2001, September 30 ]
- Roberts, T. (2001). How to celebrate Christmas around the world. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Roberts, T., & Smith, J. D. (2001). Christmas in Hawaii. London: McMillan.
- Harris, G. T. (2001, May 3). The influences of Christmas on Japanese culture.. Holidays, 4, 23-29.
According to a recent survey on dating and marriage, 55% of men from North American, between the ages of 20 and 45, feel that honesty was the most important trait in selecting a partner. Seventy-two percent women believe, however, that honesty is the most crucial point is choosing a spouse (Davis, 2001).